Old October 30th 04, 03:07 PM
Gerard Gold

Paul Aruba's (the sales manager at Smythe) assistant - Dee Griffin - called
me yesterday & said she had sent out the check a long time ago. When I said
she couldn't possibly have a canceled check, since I had never received one
she said she would verify this, and then said it was still outstanding,
i.e., uncashed. Obviously, since I never received it at either my old or
current addresses.

I told her to put a stop on the check, and I would pick it up at the
dealership Monday or Tuesday next week. So it looks like it's finally going
to work out, two years after I started leaving voice mails requesting a
refund.

Anyway, I'll only be sure when I actually get it.

Gerard

om...

> > I just called the manager, Paul Aruba, about the deposit refund check.

He
> > said he would talk to his admin/secretary again to follow up on the

status
> > of the check, and I would be "welcome to pick it up here." ("Here"

meaning