Old November 19th 04, 12:41 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Tim Rogers"

>.............There's your problem. The type 4 engine was never sold in large
>quantities in Europe. Available engines for rebuilding and parts vendors
>selling affordable parts are a bigger problem compared to North America.
>Americans think that type 4's are common place and they're right but it
>isn't always true elsewhere.

tim.....where do you think most of our type 4 knowlege/adaptation(I.E. upright
conversion)/many parts come from?...folks in Europe have been using the type4
in beetles, buses, etc for many years...we are *WAY* behind them....that is
where people like Jake Raby, etc, have gotten the "bug" over the type 4....
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004