Old September 13th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Default A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Around 9/10/2006 8:59 PM, gpsman wrote:

> necromancer wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
>> said in rec.autos.driving:
>>> Even more amazing is the fact that the Campus Police station was right
>>> around the corner! My guess is most of the cops were on their lunch
>>> breaks.

>> Or more likely they were out trolling the student parking lots where
>> demand usually far out strips supply to write parking tickets. When I
>> was in college years ago, this revenue generating department had the
>> nerve to call itself, "campus safety," eventhough their main mission had
>> absolutely nothing to do with safety what so ever....

> I take it you weren't one of the many women on campus using campus
> police to escort you to/from your car/dorm...

Campus police? Being a fully accredited state law enforcement agency (as
in badge totin' with guns on their hips), they were too busy writing
parking tickets to worry about the trivial stuff like making sure that
students got home safely!

Escorting vulnerable young women was left up to an all-volunteer student
club at my school.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.