Old July 5th 05, 06:42 PM

Tony Curran wrote:
> I have a Mihnea Cotet chip bought from his US outlet. Very good. Go to
> http://www.mrc-developments.com/en/exemples_en.php and here
> http://chips-ur-s.com/Entrance.html for US outlet. There has been some
> discussion about TAP chips and you may want to read the archives before
> making a purchase. This Mihnea Cotet guy only chips VAG cars and has been
> over to US to chip-on-the-fly by plugging emulators in to the ECU. Others
> have been most impressed - these are most likely the folks that have the
> full RS2 mod package.
>
> The 1st gear problem is a known issue - S6s got a different design. There
> are some owners putting in 6-speed gear boxes.
>
> I'm looking to add a short shifter from Europrice
> http://www.euro-audi-parts.com/ and brake upgrade using one of BIRA's
> systems http://www.bira.org/
>
> As for mileage, I'm getting about 22-25mpgs depending on who's wanting to
> test me
> As for boost, I've peaked at 26 PSI briefly, but I've been told the chips
> are programmed for 23 PSI max. I've done a mod to re-route cold air intake,
> also enlarged intake hose to 4" - helps with pickup and may be effecting top
> end. Also engine is running cooler as stock intake snorkel is not in the way
> of air to blow over turbo.

I notice that you're on the same mail list as I am - have you described
your intake mods over there? I think that those mods should actually
be the first that I do - they sound relatively inexpensive, and would
help even the un-modded engine.

Step-by-step instructions with pictures are great, but beggars cannot
be choosers, eh?

E.P.