Old November 18th 04, 11:34 PM
Woodchuck

"Lenny Wilson" > wrote in message
news
> 2003 Jetta GLS with 2.0l automatic and 34k on it has two problems.
>
> When cold there is a slight delay going into gear (D or Reverse) from
> park.

That's normal and your dealer should be able to show you the tech bulletin
if you don't believe them. It has to do with the emission requirements to
keep them low on a cold engine. Also you engine RPM maybe higher cold and
shift later cold so the cat convertor warms up faster.

When semi cold or just warming up I sometimes get a rather abrupt
> "slamming" into gear going from 2 to 3 or sometimes 3 to 4.

May or may not be normal, now I got you confused don't I? That transmission
has what's called adaptive learning so it just may shift differently from
time to time. It all depends on how a person drives the car. Give you car to
a teenager for a day and when you get it back it will definitely shirt
harsher. Let granny drive it and it will shift softer when you get back in
the car. But what I would do... is have your dealer check the fluid level
since it's still under warranty and would be FREE if some is needed.