Old November 18th 04, 09:48 PM
Rob Guenther

The delay is there in my car too (4 speed auto 99.5 TDI Golf)... After I
changed the fluid at the recommended by my dealer 90-100K Kms interval the
delay wasn't as bad... and if I didn't wait for it, it wouldn't slam
abusively into gear.

2-3, 3-4, and downshifts are smooth and silky in my Golf

Your fluid CAN be changed, maybe not checked tho... Get it done... it's
expensive tho, as it's a synthetic that is designed to be sealed in there -
my dealer recommends having it changed tho, as do I after I have seen how
nice it can be with it done.
news