Old August 26th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 1990 Cherokee won't run over approx. 1500rpm

Hmm....

In my book, the distributor cap, rotor, and the fuel filter would be the
'first' things to replace, not the last.....

You could have a 16 year old distributor cap in there and I will bet the
fuel filter 'is' 16 years old....

My 88 bogged down like that once. When I went to replace the fuel
filter, it literally crumbled to pieces.

The MAP sensor is on the firewall center on those I believe with one
vacuum line running to it.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's