Old August 10th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Default wiring a XJ hitch

Bill,
You're missing the point. There is no adapter listed for any of them BECAUSE
the adaptor is included if it is needed.

Your link is good because it offers a product that is "plug-n-pray", no
splicing or anything like that. Simply locate a connector, unplug it, plug
the "thingie" in, and reconnect the other side of the original connector to
the other side of the thingie.

The problem is, I can get a flat 4-pin for around $10 that includes both
sides of the wire harness (the vehicle side and the trailer side) and
something on the order of 15 ft of wire. I have to lcoate the wires on the
tow vehicle that I'm interested in, and I have to make splices. But, I save
$20, or more, for my trouble. And, I get all of the color codes I need ...