Old July 30th 06, 07:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

Default 2001 C5 fuel Guage

On 29 Jul 2006 14:27:48 -0700, wrote:

>I had the same problem w/ my '01 Z06 until I started using Chevron
>gasoline w/ Techron. Got that tip from Corvette Forum. Basically, the
>Techron cleaner reduced the amount of crap from the gas that made the
>gas gauge stick.
>
>Hope this helps!
>Matt
>yar wrote:

==============
My now deceased Brother was a Petroleum Engineer and he preached
changing "brands" every 5,000 miles or so... Main reason were the
additives added by each brand... Brand X will clean the crap left from
Brand Y and Brand A will take car of Brand X...

I will admit that I have no clue.

BUT honestly I have followed his advice ...have never had a problem..
but then again most users do not even if they used the same brand for
years...

Yes he did work for one of the Majors.. and yes he started preaching
this when 99 percent of the cars on the road used Carburetors...

Bob G.