Old July 19th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
kwp

Default rumbling noise on my 2002 wrangler at highway speed

no vibration or shimmy. "swaying" the car on the interstate in order
to shift the load left and right also does not make a difference.

now, i just bought the jeep and the first thing i did was put new tires
on it. i put them on so fast that i have no idea if this sound was
there with the old tires or not. at first i thought i had noisy tires,
but the tire shop says the noise is in the drivetrain. they have not
attempted to go any further with it. it sounds just like noisy tires,
but i see someone suggested a u-joint, so this would follow along with
drivetrain i guess.

any other thoughts, or should i pursue the u-joint thing?