Old February 27th 05, 09:18 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Dean Dark > wrote:
> the other day I found a small pool of what looked like plain water on
> the garage floor about center of the car's engine bay when parked. It
> was about the viscosity of thin oil and had no noticeable smell. It
> wasn't brake fluid or engine oil. It only happened once. Is there
> anything in the front end of a stick shift E39 that could have leaked
> a fluid like this?

If it was oil, check the pipes from the power steering reservoir. These
often leak. They're crimped in place, and the crimps are crap. Remove the
offending crimp and replace with a worm drive clip.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.