Old April 14th 05, 06:09 AM
Tom in Missouri

This is not an opinion, this is fact. The factory machining process was
done with the hub or spindle riveted to the rotor. As such, this simplified
manufacturing as any flaws in the hub surface and the inner drum of the
rotor surface could be eliminated by the final machining of the rotor
surface.

If you put the rotor on any position but the original, or on an different
hub or spindle, you can introduce run out that exceeds the specs and which
"pumps" the caliper pistons. Pumping the pistons introduces air into the
brake fluid, resulting in a spongy pedal and eventual leaks.

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
. ..
> Real good point!!
>
> Barking Rats wrote:
>
> >In article <BRc7e.10790$Zn3.9902@trnddc02>, >
> >wrote:
> >

> >>I can see someone has tried to drill out what appears to be large rivits

or
> >>screws but without success. Some are drilled off-center and deeper than
> >>others. They are big rivits if that is what they are, probably 3/8".

Does

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler