Old March 11th 05, 11:42 PM
motsco_ _

> I only ask because looking at the ECM PRG-EFI relay it
> sure looks like it would be rather difficult to do.
> Anone done it?
> Just thinking about the time my starter died in my
> 1981 Subaru 4WD. I was parked on a hill, so it was easy
> to slip it into reverse, roll backwards and pop the clutch.
> I suspect you would have to get a Civic up to speed, pop
> the clutch and turn the ignition switch all at about the
> same time.
>
> I may have posted this smae header with no text, blame
> Google Beta.
> Terry

If there's enough juice to make the interior light glow (even a tiny
bit) just put it in second, turn on the key (fuel pump will hopefully be
able to pressurize the rail), let it roll to walking speed, then let the
clutch out sharply, then immediately back in. You only want to turn it
over, and if you leave the clutch out, it can't start very well. With
this method, I drove an old Volvo all summer without a starter. I could
start it in the length of two empty curbside parking spots (had to):-)

P.S. I was a teenager, and tried to always have somebody along for the ride.

'Curly'