Old February 4th 05, 07:33 PM
Paul

"Sam O'Nella" > wrote in message
> I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
> referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>
> What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?
>
> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some

space then
> pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside

me and
> LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right

beside
> me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they

obviously
> weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.
>
> It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to

me.

Could be any number of reasons to explain some people's behaviors....
But I have two ways of dealing with ducklings that have been effective
in getting rid of them. My first method requires making sure that there
is nobody directly behind you and then hitting the brakes and dropping
your speed by about 20MPH or so (and I can't emphasize the importance of
making sure the lane behind you is clear before doing this enough). The
ducking goes flying by and doesn't realize what happened untill he is
way ahead of you (let him wonder whether or not you saw a cop). Then you
resume your regular cruising speed and the duckling hopefully has
learned to stay away from you. The second method is to simply get off
the highway at the next exit (even if it is not your destination) or
rest area. Get away from the road for a few minutes and let the duckling
find a new "mama," while you get a drink, answer nature's call or
whatever...