Old May 6th 05, 05:29 AM
Arif Khokar

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...udiarabia.html

> 1) That the terrorists acted because of the bases in Saudi Arabia

"...and Saudi-born Osama bin Laden cites the U.S. military presence in
his homeland as a reason for his hatred of America."

> 2) That the placement of bases in Saudi Arabia was unjust

"...the presence of American forces here has long been an irritant for
Saudi rulers facing strong anti-American sentiment among a growing and
increasingly restive population."

> 3) That the terrorists were the wronged parties or acting on their behalf

See above.

A quick Google search came up with many articles supporting my
assertion. Another example:
http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/ne...rticleID=78760

"The presence of Western troops in the kingdom since the 1991 war has
irked many Saudis, already angry over perceived U.S. support for Israel.
Their presence has been seized upon by Saudi-born Osama bin Laden as a
rallying cry for attacks.

Asked if the kingdom would ask these troops to leave to appease domestic
public opinion, Prince Saud said Riyadh would consider it once
"circumstances change". He did not elaborate."