Old March 28th 05, 06:25 AM
Spike

Yeah, I know... I went through the same thing years ago. Bummer ain't
it. Worse, when I moved to Portugal, I had GEICO, which I had in Japan
and California. Soon as they found out I was in Portugal, they
cancelled my insurance. Had to fight for a long time to get them
straightened out. But not surprising... in Portugal you didn't even
have to use headlights at night as long as you were in a well lit
area. And a well lit area is anywhere the light from a store window
falls on the street.

Anyway... in time maybe you can find a couple more you can use. Good
Luck!

On 27 Mar 2005 17:53:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" >
wrote:

> [...]
>now. I will look into #11 and #12 though.
>
>- V
>
>Spike wrote:
>> Well,
>> 1) move out of LA (and California) to someplace like the Nevada
>> desert, add some age,
>> 2) get married and put car in wife's name only
>> 3) add a couple of kids who do not drive and who are straight A
>> students,
>> 4) buy a home and insure with the same company,
>> 5) add another car insured with the same company,
>> 6) get a beat up old Volare 6 cyl,
>> 7) drop any coverage you don't absolutely have to carry....
>> 8) reduce the number of miles you drive
>> 9) don't drive to work (use car for pleasure only)
>> 10) if you belong to any associations (like an Engineering Assc, see
>> if they have any insurance plans)
>> 11) join some form of association AAA, Costco, etc, which has an
>> insurance company affiliation
>> 12) compare other insurance companies (DO NOT DROP PRESENT COVERAGE
>> UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE COVERED BY ANOTHER COMPANY!!! Drop the old
>> one too early and you could find yourself in a major bind.)
>> 13) become filthy rich and you won't care how much you pay
>> 14) as a last resort, sell the car, tear up your drivers license, and
>> use public transportation.
>>
>> My Mustang (see below for details), for full coverage with Allstate,
>> runs about 65 per month. But, I live in rural northern California,
>> I'm retired law enforcement, and 56.
>>
>> One of my friends in Washington back in 1971 had a Corvette which

>cost
>> him $1200 a year. About every 4 years he was paying for the car

>again.
>>
>> On 27 Mar 2005 15:13:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various

>discussions
>> >on insurance rates for 'stangs.
>> >
>> >I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles

>on
>> >it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles

>(ouch!
>> >ouch! and ouch!).
>> >
>> >I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per

>annum!
>> >This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a

>graduate
>> >degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew

>existed!!).
>> >
>> >I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG.

>Can
>> >someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
>> >
>> >TIA,
>> >-V

>> Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
>> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
>> Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
>> w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!