Old February 15th 05, 01:30 AM
Don Bruder

In article t>,
"Fairplay" > wrote:

> My teenage daughter's car..which has turned out to be like a boat...a hole
> in the middle of the ocean whe all you do is dump money into it...
> She came home the other nite..all the frikken lights in the dash on like a
> christmas tree..I though it was overheating 'cause the heat gauge was all
> the way to meltdown about to happen ...spent the whole day at a local Good
> Year garage here in Miami and they couldnt get the car to overheat...
> Well she drives to a friend's last nite, only a mile from here and the same
> happenned, this time though.we left it running and floored the
> accelerator...Bingo..all the lights went off and the heat gauge back to
> normal..

> What might be happenning here ?? Is It purely electrical ??? and nothing
> will happen to the car ???

Not what "might" be happening... What IS: An electrical screwup of the
first water.

My first instinct was "bad ground at device, device backfeeding through
dash wiring to get to ground", but that doesn't fit.

Next thought was "somebody dumped a soda in the dash". Nope, that don't
fit either...

The temp gauge being pegged - I'd ignore it. It's one of the symptoms.
Having it pegged fits with some kind of short, but I can't for the life
of me figure what could cause a short on so many separate circuits all
at the same time, and be something that revving the engine up would
cure...

Computer malfunction? Been struck by lightning while driving recently?

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html> for full details.