Old September 8th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_1_]

Default EXPERT NEEDED 4 Mystery: Intermittent Power Loss in 1989 Chevy G10 Van with 305

What does it do when it fails? Any backfire? Does it just abruptly
lose all power, or gradually slow down, or ...? When you give it more
gas, do you get any response? Do you hear anything?

And, for how relatively little it costs, I'd probably replace the coil.

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:35:13 -0400, "unr" > wrote:

>I just checked the records and both the throttle position sensor and the air
>control valve *were* replaced. Neither of these fixed the problem.
>
>The fuel pump has not been replaced but the pressure checked fine in the
>Chevy dealership.
>
>The coil has not been replaced.

et...