Old May 8th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Ford F150 rear right BRAKE light problem

Alan wrote:
> papadad wrote:
>
>>Anyone have a wiring diagram to explain what the 4 wires from the front
>>of the vehicle to the rear bumper do? I am guessing that one is brake,
>>one is left turn, one is right turn, and one is reverse. am I on
>>the right track? And also a wiring diagram from those 4 wires to the
>>2 brake lights (2 filaments each)? Is the TURN signal (blink
>>on/off) on the same line as the BRAKE signal? Does my question even
>>make sense?

> I've always wondered what the mechanism was on how the turn signal
> overrides the brake light signal.

It's built into the turn signal switch. With the lever in the "neutral"
position, both rear lights are connected to the output of the brake
light switch. When you signal a lane change, one of the lights is
disconnected from the brake light switch and connected to the output of
the turn signal flasher.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.