Old July 9th 05, 05:34 PM
John David Galt

Larry Bud wrote:
> Can someone explain this mentality that I occasionally see of a guy
> trying to trick out his car to look like a cop car? Usually it's pure
> white, no markings, no hubcabs, lots of antennas, the spotlights by the
> side view mirrors driving a Crown Vic.
>
> I frankly think this is close to impersonating a cop.

Are you sure he isn't? "Unmarked" cop cars often look like this.

It's also possible that the car you saw used to be a cop car. Police
cars are usually sold as used (after removing the light bar, armor, and
paint job) after about two years because they are driven so heavily and
roughly. Of course, some of them don't last long enough to be sold.