Old July 9th 05, 01:05 AM
Brent P

In article .com>, Larry Bud wrote:
> Can someone explain this mentality that I occasionally see of a guy
> trying to trick out his car to look like a cop car? Usually it's pure
> white, no markings, no hubcabs, lots of antennas, the spotlights by the
> side view mirrors driving a Crown Vic.
>
> I frankly think this is close to impersonating a cop.

I blame police departments for this. In their zeal for revenue they've
made it easier for people to impersonate cops.

It wouldn't take much to make my mustang appear to be IL state police
vehicle. Some lights, easily purchased and a tan shirt with patches to
wear. And I'd have to get one of those short cop hair cuts.