Old May 29th 05, 07:11 PM
MUADIBŪ

On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:30:29 -0000,
lid (kyle2) wrote:

>ok my friend has a 1969 bug which has a 71 super beetle motor in it.
>i was curious as to what type motor it is and what size.
>also the car does not start when i spray starter fluid in to it it
>runs sorta but wont when i stop spraying it. im new to aircooled
>vw's
>where can i find a good service manual for both bugs and ghia's cause
>i have a 72 ghia or atleast i think its a 72 thanks

you'll get plenty of book/manual replies, so I thought I'd start you
on the fuel problem. Take the line for fuel loose at the bottom of the
tank (up front ) and see if fuel will run (not drip ) out. If you have
plenty of fuel flow , then start going toward the engine, use
compressed air if available to try and blow debris out of the hard
line in the tunnel...........after this post a follow up and see where
you sit.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html