Old January 17th 05, 05:19 AM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> Minimize != Eliminate.

I already minimize my lane changes. I practice KRETP.

> And, if there's someone in the left lane going slower, I think I've said about
> 1000 times that I'd pass 'em on the right without hesitation.

1) It's often not easily possible outside of the light traffic world you
claim to drive in. A claim I believe to be false given each story of
clumps, etc you post.

2) Without lane displine you'd be making just as many if not more lane
changes than a KRETP driver.

> One can do all the things one normally does, but try not to do 'em as much as
> possible. That means, if you're at the 90th percentile speed, you would be in
> theleft lane, 'cuz most of the slow traffic is in the right lane. If you're
> somewhere that most of the slow traffic is in the left lane (like I-90 around
> Madison, WI most times I drive it), you drive your 90th percentile in the right
> lane, and let the slow people be slow in the left lane(s).

In areas with real traffic I don't return to the right unless I'll be
there for awhile or someone is catching up to me. I don't see what your
problem is other than you're a lazy, self-centered driver.