Old December 24th 04, 04:02 AM
Nate Nagel

Tokay wrote:

> Update-
>
> It's looking more and more likely to be a clutch issue. I changed the
> transmission fluid; it did get a bit smoother, but it isn't nearly as
> smooth as it used to be. If I push the clutch down really hard, it
> improves a bit as well. I don't have much experience with manual
> transmissions, so I don't know how fast they break down. I'm at just
> over a hundred thousand miles, so she's probably about due....
> What kind of problems can occur in a clutch? It seems to me (and my
> little experience) that there's no problem with the clutch hydraulics,
> because pressing it in is as smooth as ever. There's no odd noises
> from it either, so I just don't know what it would be.
> Thanks for all the help.

I assume from your message that you have verified that you have a
hydraulic clutch. sounds like there's air in there somewhere, I'd
recommend bleeding the cylinders and see if it improves. If it does,
but the problem comes back, you are looking at a leak somewhere in there.

good luck,

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.