Old June 9th 04, 11:02 PM
Pete

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:13:06 +0200, "Alfistagj"
>, wrote:

>I know under (any) law a verbal contract is as valid as a written one.
>Only when it comes down to going to court to get your right, your Alfa will
>be standing still for months and months and months ........
>Most likely (??) you'll win but............
>
>GET IT IN WRITING, preferably counter signed by Alfa.
>I am almost 100% sure that as soon as you start discussing this with them
>they will back off, never mind what they said to you.
>THE way out is to say that the person that told you this is not authorised
>to do so!!
>The oldest trick in the world.
>An employee of any company is only authorised to making commitments for the
>company they work for as laid down in the Chamber of Commerce records!!
>And NO WAY that Alfa will ever counter sign!!
>
>My honest tip:
>Change the belt at the 60000km / 36000miles service and at your costs and
>not a mile later!
>You will regret it if you don't listen to me! Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I think I will get it done at the 5 year service as recommended.
OK, so it might last another couple of years until it has done 36K, but
there is no point on penny pinching <LOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)