Old October 10th 04, 07:36 PM
JazzMan

Joe wrote:

> I certainly understand what they're going through from my own experience.
> Still, I don't think the EPA has outlawed timing chains and gears, nor do
> they require oil pumps, water pumps, balance shafts and other belt-driven
> equipment to further entangle whatever's driving the camshaft.

EPA doesn't care about the engine design, only about the
emissions from that engine. Increasing compression serves
to increase efficiency, hence more power and/or less
emissions, but tradeoff is less clearance from valves
to piston.

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!