Old July 19th 05, 06:02 AM

> For example somewhere around 1970 one of the car magazines went around to
> the Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge dealers and took standard 'demonstrators'
> for a test ride to their local speed shop.
>
> The Hemi engines rated at 425 hp by Chrysler all put out 500+ horsepower on
> the dynos and the engines had not even been broken in.
>
> Those weren't HP versions, they were the engines that our parents (the
> current generations grand and great grand parents) had in their Imperials
> and Furies, and Coronets...

Tee hee hee hee hee!

Everyone now knows that the Big Three all had spies in the car
magazines and many of the "demonstrators" were tweaked ringers. If the
majority of standard production cars had these engines they wouldnt
have been able to run on standard pump gas and would had a hell of a
lot of warranty claims on transmissions, axles and driveshafts.