Old May 12th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Help needed with Flasher Module Replacement and Center Console

Thanks, Peter. That helped a lot. The module I had picked up at the
local car parts store was not right (bringing it back tomorrow). I
called Audi and it was $25.20 for the correct module which is the
whole unit including the flasher switch on the front. The article you
pointed to suggested it could be cleaned, but I was unsuccessfult
figuring out how to do that or how to get it back together and Audi
had it in stock, so I just did that (with the older flasher plugged in
for temporary use; if I tapped it when the flashers stopped, it worked
again for 5 or 6 flashes). Also, once I pulled it apart, I didn't
appear that it was going to be all that cooperative going back
together. The directiions to take it out were right on the money,
except that I couldn't grab it with needlenose pliers. I simply pried
it out with a screwdriver a little at a time from both sides and it
pulled straight out once it was out about 1/2 inch. From starting to
pull it out to putting the replacement in took about 2 minutes total.
I haven't quite got the wood trip back perfectly (I did it in the dark
so I'll look at it more closely later).

Thanks again! I now have fully functional signals and feel a whole lot
safer.

Bill