Old July 18th 05, 12:34 AM
Dad

"Vandervecken" > wrote in message
news:v0ACe.26247$mC.926@okepread07...
> Dad -
>
> I hope I didn't step on any toes, certainly didn't mean to.
>
> The car magazines aside - more often off-target than right - I checked out
> a 'leftover' C5 and the C6. The C5's interior actually was pretty nice.
> The C6's interior strikes me as nicer. The materials seem softer and the
> design more appealing, the overall ambiance nicer. The C5 interior seemed
> to me to have a few rough edges (not literally, thank you), the C6 does
> not. Things appear to me to fit a little closer, more smoothly. Granted
> this is subjective, and also granted I was not really turned off by the C5
> interior.
>
> WTH, nearly all cars are plastic inside these days.
>
> So far I haven't bopped the cupholders going into 5th or reverse, but
> there's always hope, I guess.
>
> -- Vandervecken

No toes stepped on here because I still find the lesser of the 2 interiors
belongs to the C6. That may have not been the case if they, GM, hadn't kept
blowing their horn about how it was going to be so much better. Like I've
said from the beginning the C6 is a subtle change, mostly in the handling
and performance side and certainly not enough to be a new generation. I look
at the Corvette different that some seem to, I drive them, so I see the
interior up close for hours at a time. There are really only 2 changes from
the C5, no grab bar and 2 cup holders. It looks like an after thought to add
the painted trim to simulate aluminum trim, what a stupid move for either of
them to be added.

Some of my club members believe that they will have to drive their C5s until
the C7 come out so they can get a better interior. The way GM is using the
new generation as a sales tool a new color could bring about a generation
change with no interior change. Really, its not a bad interior, but its only
a change, not an improvement. However the point is to enjoy them and what
someone else thinks of them should make little difference to the driver.

--
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life