Old June 21st 05, 03:37 PM

"Garrett Fulton" > wrote in message

> The guy's work that was published in The Mother Earth News was South
> African, I believe. His name was L. John Fry. He invented the continuous
> feed methane digester. He was no buffoon. I did a research paper on him

in
> college. Fascinating man, and he ran his car, farm vehicles, and his
> cookstove off the methane from 1000 head of hogs. Sold the effluent,

(stuff
> that came out of the fully digested end of the methane digester), to a

local
> golf course. It indicated in his book that it smelled only like musty
> newspapers after it was fully digested and was a very good fertilizer for
> the golf course. They sprayed it on from a tanker. I could never figure
> out why some of his ideas didn't catch on more than they did. I didn't go
> to the guy's website that started this thread, as I figured it was BS.
>
> Garrett Fulton

He might have been South African. I can picture him, his digester and the
car he put the gas into,
and those mental pictures probably made me think he was doing this in
Britain.

His raw material was 's41t', but this thread initiator's product is probably
BS.

There is a lot to be said for softer technologies.