Old June 6th 05, 03:02 AM
L.A. Jeepster

Amen that. I've had both 4.0L and 2.5L YJs and the 120 hp I squeezed out of
the 4-banger just didn't cut it, and the savings at the gas pump were
negligible. Off road the lack of power didn't matter, but forget towing
anything and expect to be flipped the bird a lot on a SoCal freeway. Of
course, the new 2.4L boasts 147 hp that could probably be tweaked to put out
even more, but I don't know anything about that.