Old March 1st 05, 05:47 AM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:07:14 -0600,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>Sounds like an arguement for a viewscreen in every home. That aside, I
>>haven't seen anything that indicates a massive change in people's
>>behavior because of RLCs.

> So you're saying you disagree with the other poster who claims that
> RLC are the cause of huge increases in rear-end collisions?

I haven't seen any evidence that indicates a massive change in people's
behavior. Show me the evidence, for that in particular, then I can tell
you if I agree or disagree. I do believe there would be some increase in
rear-end collisions, I don't think it qualifies as 'massive'.

RLCs exist for one reason, to make money. With properly engineered
intersections they don't make money. Now, your arguement seems to be of
one that a small minority of drivers is such a problem, that ALL of us
should always be tracked, logged, watched, etc. Post after post after
post you endorse big-brother schemes. This is fully incompatible with a
free society. In fact, it's much like a prison camp or grade school
mentality where the entire populace is watched/punished for the actions
of the few.