Old November 22nd 04, 08:09 PM
Peter

It may not be so much the clutch pressure plate but the the mechanisms that
operate it. The clutch was made much softer, during the 1974 model year,
when VW increased the length of the operating arm at the gearbox end.
Unfortunately this arm cannot be retro fit to a 68 model, only back as far
as early 72 models.

"David" > wrote in message
news
> I am putting a new Mexican engine in my wife's buggy, I removed the old

engine, clutch and pressure plate. looking at
> the pressure plate it is an F&S plate, my wife always complained about how

hard the clutch was to push, is anyone
> familiar with this type of pressure plate ? it doesn't look like a stock

one with the "fingers" . would a stock one be