Old October 16th 04, 08:18 PM
Andrew Falanga

Default Service engine soon -- codes

Hi everybody,

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help. I have a 97 GMC
Jimmy (S series) and I've got to get looked at because of the service
engine soon light.

What I'm wondering, is there some place on the Internet (or elsewhere),
where one can obtain the data structures and protocols used by GMC?
Better yet would be something that could simply be installed and used,
but being a programmer I figured that if I could at least get my hands
on the specs for this stuff I'd probably be able to write the program
myself.

Can one find these things anywhere?

Andy