Old April 26th 04, 09:25 AM
Catman

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:19:23 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Carl Farrington > wrote:
>
>> "Ppelectron" > wrote in message
>> > I've just seen a really pretty looking Alfa, which I believe was an SZ,

>> (after
>> > a quick search on the Internet for pics). Very sporty looking car with 3
>> > headlights on each side and a nice sounding engine. Anyone on here got

>> one? Are
>> > they rare / expensive? Any idea how much they sell for? I could really see
>> > myself buying one ....
>> >
>> > Phil 156 V6
>> > (UK)

>> LHD only. Used prices now around £17,00 IIRC. Check autotrader. RZ was the
>> even rarer roadster version.

>£17k if you're lucky.

*very*
Jamies normally kicks off at about 20

>Last one I saw for sale was at Alfa Aid - in excess of £20k.

Bout right

><checks autotrader>
>
>£17995 seems to be the entry point.
>
>Why are they all such low mileage? - Being based on the 75, there's no
>reason why they wouldn't make a decent daily driver.

Rarity. Fule consumption (IIRC the engine is a tuned 3.2, but 3l at
least) Oh, and being hand built (assembled / hurled together /
modeled, delete as applicable) I guess repair of the body is not that
simple

><runs off to buy lottery ticket>

Get one for me too. Steve knows my feelings on the SZ well.

Only officialy available in 2 colours: Red for the SZ, yellow for the
RZ.
Saw a *fantastic* SZ in black at last year's National Alfa Day. Steve
might even get the photos up. Menawhile:

http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/nad2000.html
Bottom two photos

http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/nad2002.html

Couple of nice ones here, including the Autodelta superchrged one.
(Bandwidth heavy)

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7