Old May 20th 05, 08:49 AM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>I didn't claim there was a law.
>>
>>It's sad considerate behavior requires laws these days.

> This morning as I was walking to the train station (alone), I was
> keeping right except to pass when I encountered two powerwalking
> ladies approaching from the opposite direction, walking side-by-side
> and fully "blocking" the entire width of the narrow sidewalk (on the
> same street, as it happens, that I wrote about last weekend). They
> remained abreast until they got within about eight feet of meeting me,
> at which time one of them fell in line behind the other while we
> passed.
>
> I suppose you think these women were inconsiderate?

Much like someone who cruises in the left lane and moves over when they
notice someone faster coming up from behind.

People walk like nobody should be going faster than they do.....
Had you been catching up from behind, you would have had to go around
on the grass because she would not have noticed you.