Old April 12th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default window etch rip-off?

Reminds me of a deal that I did. I bought my son a new car, and the
slimeball dealer in Vegas wanted to charge me $300 for "VIN Etch". I came
home, went to vinetch.com, and found out that I could get the kit to do it
myself for $30. So, I printed out the page, and took it back to the dealer,
and he just tossed the whole charge. (I hadn't bought the car yet).

They even had a Brooklyn slimeball who tried to tell me that "We charge over
$1000 for it in NY".

A quick link to something that I wrote a LONG time ago:

http://e46fanatics.com/faq/rizzo.html