Old July 25th 05, 08:57 AM
Bert Kanters

"SteveH" > schreef in bericht
> Michael Anthony > wrote:
>
>> some fairly wild Suds and 33s. His cars were prepared by Lahoma
>> Engineering
>> (which I believe was / is run by his father John). You could do worse
>> than
>> try them. Last time I heard they were running a 2000cc 33 (Gulp!)

> There's some crazy 33s in the Netherlands.
>
> They take a 33 P4 16v bore it out, fit a turbo and go bating the local
> Impreza and Evo boys :-)
> --

Savali in the Netherlands did a 2000 cc boxer but I think it were only
prototypes and no succes, it was to much the crank couldn't handle it or
something. Also very expensive, due to the specially made crankshaft.
I want to keep it much more simple then all that, no turbo, otherwise I
could prepare a 16v with suspension and all (it is for a Sud) and adapt
carbs or aftermarket EFI but it is all too much bother. I want a daily
driver, not a daily hobby!
I searched the web for 1.8 boxers and that didn't turn up much, if it was a
simple and moneywise operation I would think it would have been more
popular.