Old June 6th 05, 12:20 AM

Apparently on date 5 Jun 2005 15:46:07 -0700, said:

>> Yeah, I have an anecdote. Some spammer tried to sell what amounts to a handful
>> of mud for the price of a couple of gallons of petrol, by posting a fake "I'm a
>> journalist" post to a newsgroup, and hopefully got bad publicity.

>Not fake. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I asked here
>because I thought this was a knowledgeable community of motoring
>enthusiasts.

"Here" was some newsgroups that might, if you have no idea how usenet works,
become interested in the product.

We're not stupid and we have mud already. Trying to drum up interest in mud is
kind of stupid if you don't have some reason.

I say you are trying to sell us mud and believe that by spamming from google
groups you can make it look like you aren't working for the "mud in a can"
company.

If you're a journalist, which newspaper do you work for? You're legally obliged
to declare this, as you would know.

Not that you do, you're just another spammer like dozens of others, unless I
miss my guess. It's always the same "I have heard of <new product> at <website>
anyone else used it?"