Old May 22nd 05, 09:59 PM
Paul

On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:05:14 -0400, Shawn Hearn , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> I live in NJ about 45 miles south of Trenton. That law was a hot topic
> one day on a local talk radio station. Trust me, that law will be thrown
> out when it hits the courts? Why? Because it effectively banishes
> pedophiles from all of Hamilton Council because it is damned near
> impossible to live further than 2,500 feet of a school, park, or
> playground there.
>
> That law and Megan's law avoid the more difficult question. If
> pedophiles cannot be trusted to live near children, why are they allowed
> out of jail in the first place?

That's a good question. I live just north of the GA/FL line and it seems
like every week I'm hearing of a convicted sex offender/pedophile who
has offed some kid down there and then tried to escape to GA and nobody
down there had a clue that the killer was there.

Of course, in the OP's twisted little world, all of us who dare to use a
car on the roads would be locked up for some trivial offense or another
(except for itself and a select democrat politician from MA) and the John
Couies of the world would be free to prey on the children of the world
for their sick little fantasies...