Old February 24th 05, 06:58 AM
y_p_w

R. P. wrote:
> I find the road noise in my '94 Accord pretty deafening while driving
> on a typically worn highway. Are the newer models any better? Does any
> particular model stand out in shutting out the road noise from the
> passengers?

Noise = tire noise + engine noise + wind noise - sound insulation.

Once you have a car, the simplest thing is to find a quieter tire.
Worn tires tend to be louder on bad pavement.

It might be possible to add sound insulation, but that would be a
lot of trouble to go through and would add weight. I believe some
car stereo places do that kind of work.