Old February 2nd 05, 08:57 PM
Zeppo

Rob,
I've had 5 transmissions in my '97, all installed by the same shop over a 2
year period. They kept installing a rebuilt trans and filling it with the
wrong fluid. The replacements would last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.
Finally a sit-down with the manager, owner and my lawyer resulted in a
replacement that seems OK.

They have a horrible reputation but I'm willing to bet 99% is fluid related
problems.

HTH,
Jon

"Rob" > wrote in message ...
> Hi,
>

> I am looking to buy a Dodge Caravan about 97-99. I heard that the
> transmission is very expensive part and don't want to be surprised after
> purchasing. So my question is what is the average life time for an elect
> trans on dodge caravan? Is there any way to test trans by a mechanic to

make