Old July 9th 05, 04:58 AM
C.H.

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:33:59 +0000, 223rem wrote:

> C.H. wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:28:05 +0000, 223rem wrote:
>>
>>>Clueless people driving a DRL equipped car are a danger because they're
>>>not visibile from behind in fog or rain.

>> If your speed is adjusted to conditions you will not have any problem
>> stopping even behind a stopped car with no taillights (not even taking
>> into account that a stopped car usually has its brakelights on because
>> otherwise it will roll forward due to the AT). According to every
>> state's vehicle code you have to adjust your speed so you can stop
>> safely if an unlighted obstacle is in your lane. A car moving in the
>> same direction as you are at a slower speed thus is not a problem unless
>> you are speeding (i.e. driving too fast for conditions).

> You are very good at unrealistic theory.

Driving within the envelope of conditions is not unrealistic theory.
Driving outside of the envelope is stupidity.

> Imagine torrential rain on the interstate.

I have been in torrential rain quite a few times. My headlights turned on
no problem.

> It is bright but visibility is poor, so automatic lights dont kick in.

Torrential rain almost always coincides with heavy clouds and a
significant reduction in light intensity.

> You cant go too slow, because you'll be tailgated by the retard behind
> you.

Then get off the freeway and wait until conditions improve. Driving faster
than visibility allows is stupid. Usually changing lanes to the right
is sufficient to get rid of the retard, though. Could it be that you are a
LLB?

> Imagine coming upon a slow granny running only DRLs, no taillights.
> You may end up hitting her.

To fast for conditions. That's what you are and that's what the police
report will say. You simply drive beyond your own capabilities.

>> Because if he is smart he won't drive a car he deems dangerous.

> Nonsense.

No. Just the simple truth.

Chris