Old March 15th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default SN65: read current update

In article >, Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> Backyard Mechanic > wrote:
>
>> http://www.sn65.com/SN65%20chronolog...er%2006-03.htm
>>

> Truly mind-boggle.
>
> SN65 didnt place in any category in the show. Instead got best-engineered
> of show.
>
> Because Bob's idea succeeded all too well; Looked just like a factory car.

I wouldn't say 'just like'. Panel fit, paint, and other details were well
above 'factory' quality for their respective model years. But of course
after all that work one doesn't go half-ass on those details.

> "Of course if you'd have slapped on about a half-million in chrome....."
> Now... look at the Ridler winner again and think "Best Engineered"!

It would seem that the show is about metal crafting, painting, bling, etc
not engineering a buildable product. The SN65 is more of one of those
almost-production show cars. Where most of the difference between the
final showroom product and what is on the turn table are those little
details like perfect paint.

> http://www.autorama.com/casi/images/...large/2006.jpg

Looks like someone pimped out an excaliber....