Old August 19th 04, 08:45 AM
Simon C

Laurence

I have a '02 156 2.4JTD and it is great. A pleasure to drive, extremely
quick (faster than my Dad's B*W 530d Touring), and handles great.

However, and please don't let this put you off because it hasn't me, I
believe I have an Italian Friday afternoon car!

I have suffered terribly from problems with ABS/VDC sensors, anti-roll bars,
engine mounts, steering rack and general suspension problems. I have also
had a new starter motor fitted after 15k miles, new door handles after
10-12k miles, tracking was way out after factory set-up. Electrical failure
of wipers, indicators, hazard warning lights, etc.

Having said all this, I want to say again that this has not put me off and I
will almost certainly have another. This is a great car let down by many
poor dealerships with no attention to customer service. If you are buying
the car outside of a warranty then great. You can use proper Alfa mechanics
who appreciate the cars they are working on.

Buy the car...you will have a hoot!

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

om...