Old January 7th 05, 02:12 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

There are no XP drivers for PDPI. Nor 2000.

The PDPI could, in theory run under 2000, because 2000 have full PnP for
ISA devices, but PDPI went out of business before 2000 was on every
gaming computer...

I believe ISA is a much bigger problem in XP than 2000, partly because
Microsoft greatly reduced support for it, partly because you need a
motherboard with an ISA slot, and the fastest boards you can find with
ISA slots come with the FCPGA2 slot (1.4 Ghz max), if I am not mistaken.
This is too slow for high end racing sims, but GPL will work nicely with it.

It *is* possible to get this card to work on a fast motherboard without
an ISA slot using a PCI to ISA bridge card (for instance
http://www.costronic.com/Ev71p.htm), but this will include writing a
driver for it, and I have no idea how to do this. It may not be very
difficult, but is too much for me to take on. I would be very happy to
participate in a team with people who knows how to do this, though.

I also believe it IS possible to dig out the ISA interface info from
PDPI, I believe I talked to a "Mike" concerning the external connector
specification. I also believe PDPI still exists, but with different
lines of products. Since the PDIP card bears no economic interest to
nobody this should be possible.

If there are enough person interested in this, I may consider taking on
a project, though.

---Asgeir---