Old June 26th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Cooling system bubbles, help!

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with a V6 engine.

About a month and a half ago, my radiator cracked at the top so I
changed it for a new one. As I did and started up my car to take it
home, I noticed that the water in the radiator reserve tank was being
sucked into the engine very quickly. The mechanic jumped immediately to
a head gasket issue. After checking that with my mechanic, he concluded
that the problem was that as well. So what I did is I got the whole
head gasket kit and replaced everything even doing the test on the
heads just to be sure everything was fine. Everything went fine and the
test were done without problems found on the heads. My mechanic changed
the gaskets and reassembled the engine. When we started up the car, we
drove it for a while. We both noticed that the problem remained the
same, a lot of bubbles were pouring into the reserve tank. Last night
again I took it out for a drive and when I shut down the engine back at
home I could hear the bubbles coming out real hard on the radiator
reserve tank. Also I noticed that happen when I accelerate the car.

If I remove the radiator cap and run the same test accelerating, the
coolant and water comes right back out like a fountain.
I replaced the thermostat as well and I am still having the same issue

I am at a point where I don't know what else to do. I changed the
head gasket and everything else that needed to be done and I am still
having the same issues. I haven't done a block test but I am not sure
if that can be the issue. The car has had multiple overheatings but
never to the top of the H. I always saw it before it reached that
point.

Please let me know if you can help me with that so maybe you can give
me some pointers on what I can do. I am really mad I spent around $1300
on a new radiator, head gasket kit, labour, etc and still I have the
same issue.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks much in advance,

Teo