Old July 16th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sdlomi2[_1_]

Default Escort LX Mileage

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> wrote:
>> About how many miles could you expect to get out of a Ford Escort LX
>> engine before needing an overhaul? Looking at a 1996 with 191k, asking
>> price $900.
>>
>> Doug

> Also: Owner says that 191k is mostly highway miles (used the car to
> commute).

I'm guessing that is about 115,000 miles. If that is correct, I'd
personally think it has already served its useful life. They are not
typically known as a high-mileage producer! I sold used cars for decades.
Refused to sell Escorts with much over 30,000 miles--actually tried to avoid
selling them at all. Odds just weren't in the buyers' favor. s