Old July 4th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default Observations for the day

Took advantage of a day off to get out in the car and enjoy a warm
summer's evening while burning a few 2.689USD gallons of Saudi Juice.

My observations:

1: I guess that our beloved president failed to suck off the crown
prince and toss the king's salad this week. The price of gas here is up
about 0.15USD over last week.

2: Proof that cops have quotas? I'm heading down 17 south (in the proper
right lane) toward the Jekyll Causeway and approaching the Lanier
Bridge. Approaching on my left and preparing to pass is a 5th wheel
being towed by a as we will see woefully underpowered Toyota (I believe)
pickup. As soon as we reach the bridge and begin the climb, the pickup-
trailer combo starts slowing dramatically. Two cars behind the newly
mited sloth is a Glynn COunty Police Car. You think that he would pull
Mr. Sloth Wrong Vehicle For The Occasion/Mr. Sloth Incompetent Driver
for LLB or obstructing traffic? Of course not. Glynn County's finest
just slipped over to the right and passed the rolling (and slowing) road
hazard. I guess this copper had already met quota and just wanted to get
to doughnut time.

3: Did someone take 1/2 the population of Ohio and transplant it to
Jekyll Island, GA? Never seen so many OH tags in one place in my life.

4: Speaking of OH drivers, the ones I observed today still have that
annoying affinity for the left lane. Like the one who turned out from
the shopping center and started heading south toward my northbound tail
in the left lane. BTW it was a two lane road.

5: Thinking of the Island, this must be the only place where a drive at
35MPH is enjoyable. **** off, LBMHB! Also noted that the State Patrol is
now using Dodge Chargers.

Thanks for reading my rant.