Old November 9th 03, 05:20 AM
clare @ snyder.on .ca

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:38:03 -0500, "chudwuh" >
wrote:

>I'm compiling a list of defunct (or soon to be) Big-3 passenger car makes
>that were made and/or sold in the US. So far, I've come up with the
>following - anybody know of any others? Thanks.
>
>FoMoCo - Edsel
>GM - LaSalle and Oldsmobile
>MoPar - DeSoto and Plymouth

Sorry, Buick was Marquette. Lafayette was a Nash.
There were Canada only brands too - as well as a whole horde of
different Model names that were not their own division.

Ford and Lincoln Mercury still co-exist on paper, I believe, but ther
are no longer Lincoln Mercury dealers. Only Ford dealers now.

Chev/Olds /Cadillac will be Chev/Cadillac, while Pontiac Buick still
co-exists.

Chrysler? I believe Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep are now all one division of
Daimler Chrysler, with Plymouth out of the mix. In the early Sixties
Valiant was it's own brand, not a model, as was the Imperial.

Model names that have dissapeared include Neon, Continental, New
Yorker, Coronet, Charger, Satelite, Acadian, Beaumont, Canso, Polara,
and hundreds more